THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER

THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER - POPULAR CONSENSUS
BIZARRO!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

MISS MARTIAN by Gerard de la Costa

I really don't know anything at all about Miss Martian other than what I've seen on the Young Justice cartoon (her catchphrase is so unfortunate AND so annoying! And to think it's Winnie Cooper from "The Wonder Years" voice that we're hearing.). I know she's got the hots for Superboy so I wanted to incorporate that into the image somehow.

I really don't know where I was going with this one; I initially liked my preliminary sketch and started inking it but once I got some colour into it the black line felt too heavy so I deleted it. Now it feels like construction paper cutouts. Love it or hate it, pass or fail, stumbling over this piece has taught me a lot. Let's see if I can successfully apply it to next week's character.

Also, welcome to Spitballin', Ryan! Hope you have a good time and I look forward to seeing some fabulous artwork.

-Gerard de la Costa

2 comments:

Adam said...

experiment like it's college all over again G, be open to anything...ANYTHING. Even green chicks with supes undies.

Gerard de la Costa said...

Hahaha! Adam, y'know I'll try anything once - as long as there's a shot for it and it clears up within a week!