THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER

THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER - POPULAR CONSENSUS
BIZARRO!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

HARLEY QUINN by Gerard de la Costa

This week's choice is Harley Quinn from the Batman family. I figured everyone would be drawing the red and black costume so I thought I'd change it up and sketch out her costume from the video game Batman: Arkham Asylum. I was really impressed with the character designs they did for the game and hate to admit that, even though I've owned the game for a couple of years now, I still haven't beaten it.

Everyone either loves or hates Harley (I fall into the "loves" camp) and you have to admit, it's pretty impressive that a character that was created for Batman: The Animated Series made it into comics continuity.

This is my first attempt at getting over my Photoshopophobia and applying digital colours; obviously, I need a lot more practice but was pleased with how she turned out. Check out my blog for the pencil version.

-Gerard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great picture!

John