THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER

THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER - POPULAR CONSENSUS
BIZARRO!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

BLACKSAD by Gerard de la Costa

In thinking of characters to tackle on a weekly basis I knew immediately that one of my choices would be Blacksad. I wish I had the gift of gab to express my love for the hard-boiled feline detective and the gritty world he inhabits. I'm eternally grateful to my local library and its graphic novel section for introducing me to the awesomeness that is John Blacksad and to Juanjo Guarnido for showing me that you can draw anthropomorphic animals and not have it degrade to yaoi catboys.

As soon as Dark Horse Comics released the hardcover collected edition, I was all over it like a fat kid on a Smartie! Everyone should own a copy for their personal library of graphic novels... I'm just sayin'.

Still getting used to Photoshop and its endless menu of choices. At the risk of being Mr. Obvious, backgrounds are really not my thing.

-Gerard

2 comments:

Dean said...

Amazing - Especially the colouring job on the coat!

Gerard de la Costa said...

Thanks Mean Dean (this is you, right?)!