THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER

THIS WEEK'S SPITBALLER - POPULAR CONSENSUS
BIZARRO!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A GOTHAM CITY CHRISTMAS by Gerard de la Costa


I was kind of excited when the Gotham City Christmas idea was suggested awhile back; I had my idea right away but fell behind in deadlines and had to put it aside. Being the procrastinating artist that I am, I couldn't put as much time into this as I would've liked (I really want to fix Harley's face to convey that she's going in for a big Christmas kiss -- I just don't get that from what I drew).

Confession time: the pose is based off this guy's photo since I was pressed for time to do any thumbnails (warning: NSFW); I really liked the playfulness of the models and felt it suited Harley and Ivy's relationship. The colour scheme was based off this guy's work; I liked the minimalism and the colour choices seemed appropriate for the occasion-- he's an ok artist, I guess.

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and here's to a Happy New Year!

-Gerard

No comments: